Document Scanning, Document Scanners and Software
imagize offers document scanning, document scanners and scanning software for rapidly converting paper files to high-quality digital images. Whether you choose to purchase a desktop document scanner or to use your existing multi-function printer (MFP) to scan files, using the proper equipment for the job is essential. Desktop document scanners are cost-effective, come in a variety of sizes, and speeds and are designed for fast and efficient document scanning tasks. MFPs scan documents as a feature but tend to lack some of the advanced functionality needed for fast and productive document scanning.
Choosing a Document Scanner
Look for these feature when selecting a scanner:
- Auto-feed capability
- Duplex scanning (both sides, single pass)
- Auto deskew (straightens crooked images)
- Auto exposure control (adjusts for poor images)
- Batch scanning and barcode separation
- Warranty & Service Maintenance Options
Purchasing a New Scanner
Quality, Business-Grade Scanners
There are many brands and models of document scanners available. It is important to choose a brand that is well-known and a leader in the document imaging industry. Brand names such as Canon, Fujitsu, Kodak, Bell & Howell, etc. are durable and geared toward production-scale document scanning. Choosing the right scanner to fit your particular environment and needs will serve you well for years to come.
Basic Volume Guidelines:
Rated Speed Daily Duty Cycle
- 30 Pages Per Minute – Approx. 500 scans per day
- 40 Pages Per Minute – Approx. 1000 scans per day
- 60 Pages Per Minute – Approx. 2500 scans per day
- 80 Pages Per Minute – Approx. 5000 scans per day
Contact Us for a Quote
Optional Rental Program
Perfect for Short-Term Projects
Do you have a need for a high-speed scanner for a short-term project? Get caught up quickly and cost-effectively by renting a complete system for a fraction of the cost of ownership. Scanners, computer, software and all of the accessories are available for a “turnkey” rental system solution eliminating the need to purchase an expensive hardware and software system. A perfect solution for a “one and done” project!
Rental Program Benefits:
- Easy month-to-month rental plan
- Computer, scanner, software and accessories
- Maintenance included in rental fee
- Shipping / delivery and installation available
- User training and support
- Nominal shipping and installation fees apply
- Makes and models based on availability
Contact Us for Pricing
Document Scanning Apps
imagize supports a variety of document scanning software options for scanning and indexing. We can help you evaluate factors essential to selecting the right software for your business. Criteria includes determining which key index fields will be populated with data, such as line-of-business data, OCR data extraction, barcode values, or manual entry.
Each imagize portal includes our Microsoft Windows-based imagize Scan>Index>Upload application for an easy 1-2-3 document upload to imagize.
This option is a perfect fit for lighter scanning and indexing volumes of 100 documents or less per day.
Higher volume scanning and data capture processes that utilize barcodes or OCR will benefit from Kofax Express, which includes features such as database lookup. In addition, powerful imagize export connectors provide automated data population along with unattended and scheduled file uploads.